What is Beard Transplantation?
Beard and moustache transplantation, which is known as an aesthetic surgery for men, is applied to get rid of the deficiency in the beard area. In the application of beard transplantation, which has been in greater demand in recent years, it usually involves taking hair follicles from the patient’s hair and adding them to the beard area.
How is Beard and Mustache Transplantation Applied?
Two methods are used in beard transplantation. These methods are;
1. Beard transplantation with the FUT Method;
- The roots are surgically removed.
- Since the roots are planted at the same angle everywhere, they grow upright.
- Traces remain at the place of harvesting and planting.
- Since the roots are planted by cutting the skin, they heal late.
- Beards grow in groups of 3-5.
2. Beard Transplantation with FUE Technique;
- FUE method is used in beard transplantation. First, the donor area is selected and started.
- In beard transplantation, the neck and nape area is selected as the donor area.
- The area to be transplanted is determined secondly and how many hair follicles should be transplanted to it.
- After that, channel opening is performed on the area to be planted.
- After the root canal opening, grafts are taken from the donor area.
- A specified number of grafts are taken one by one from the donor area.
- Taken hair follicles are placed one by one in the channels opened in the area to be planted.
The Advantages of Beard and Mustache Transplant
- -Because it is done without an incision, there is no scar and the healing process is very fast.
- -With this method, you get a natural beard and moustache.
- -Because hair follicles can be taken one by one, hair follicles can be taken from any part of the body.
Things to Consider Before Beard and Mustache Transplant
Beard & The following should be considered before mustache transplantation.
- You must stop consuming alcohol at least three days before the beard transplant. Alcohol consumption causes a decrease in the healing performance of the planting area and an increase in the bleeding rate during planting.
- You should stop using drugs with blood thinners at least one or two weeks before the beard transplant. If there is a drug that you cannot stop due to health problems, although it is a blood thinner, you should inform your doctor about it.
- It is recommended to stop smoking at least three days before the beard transplant. Similarly, you should not smoke two to three weeks after planting. Substances such as nicotine in cigarettes and other tobacco products slow down the healing process and cause you to get results late.
Things to Consider After Beard Transplant
There are some things you should pay attention to in order to see the results of beard transplantation. These;
- You should keep the donor area away from water and/or chemicals until the first wash after hair transplantation. Especially in the first three days, it is a very critical process for the grafts to adhere to the skin.
- It is recommended to stay away from all tobacco products and alcohol, especially cigarettes, for a week or two. Consumption of these products weakens the healing process, prevents the grafts from sticking to the skin more tightly, and therefore reduces the efficiency of the procedure.
- Do not worry about the shock shedding process that will occur in the first month after the surgery.
- In case of crusting and itching that will occur after transplantation, you should not scratch your beard and avoid applying a hard object to the donor area.
- You can contact Estetica Istanbul for more information or to have the doctor’s opinion regarding your case.
You can contact Estetica Istanbul for information about 2022 beard transplant prices in Turkey. You can meet with the best hair doctors in the field through Estetica Istanbul, the leading health tourism agency/clinic in Turkey; You can have quality in aesthetics.