Why is Breast Lift Aesthetics Performed?
Aging, childbirth, weight loss, etc. These causes may cause deformations and sagging in the breast structure over time. Breast lift operation; basically, is done to eliminate the saggy breast appearance and distortions to give the breast an aesthetically pleasing form. Apart from this, the factors that push the person to have breast lift surgery; can be listed as below.
If your nipples are low, hitting the natural crease of the breast or below, you may be a good candidate for a breast lift.
You may find that your breast misshapen or have significant weight loss, childbirth, etc. If you think you have lost volume for reasons, you may consider a breast lift.
What are the Risks of Breast Lift Surgery?
Complications of breast lift surgery include the following topics.
- anesthesia risks
- Bleeding or hematoma formation
- breast asymmetry
- Chest contours and deformities
- Changes in nipple or breast sensation, which may be temporary or permanent
- Deep vein thrombosis, cardiac and pulmonary complications
- The fat tissue deep in the skin may die (fat necrosis)
- fluid accumulation
- Bad healing of cuts
- Possibility of revisional surgery
- Potential partial or complete loss of nipple and areola
Who Can Be a Candidate for Breast Lift Aesthetics?
Anyone over the age of 18 who has the following reasons can have a breast lift surgery.
- If You Feel Your Breasts Are Losing Their Shape.
Many women are unhappy with the appearance of their breasts after significant weight loss, childbirth or other life events. If you think your breasts are misshapen or have reduced volume, you may consider a breast lift.
- If Your Breasts Are Straight Or Long
If your nipple is below the curve of your breast and your breasts are longer than normal, this image may bother you. Flat or elongated breasts lead many women to undergo breast lift surgery.
- If the Skin on the Breast Is Not Tight
Removing excess skin from the breasts restores the vitality and youthfulness of your breasts. Also, removing excess skin often helps swimming suits and bras fit more comfortably.
The most important factor that can affect your breast lift surgery; is to make sure that you are entering the operation in a healthy way. If you do not have any health problems that could prevent you from having plastic surgery, you are probably a good candidate for it.
Here are some health conditions that may prevent you from getting a breast lift:
- Family or personal history of breast cancer
- Bleeding or coagulation disorders such as deep vein thrombosis
- Smoking or other nicotine and tobacco use
Things to Consider Before Breast Lift Aesthetics
In the healing process of mastopexy; The factors to be considered in order to minimize the post-operative effects and reduce the risk of complications for breast lift surgery are listed below.
- Stop Using Alcohol and Tobacco Products Before Breast Lift Surgery
You should stop or limit tobacco consumption at least three weeks before surgery. Both alcohol and tobacco can negatively affect your healing process by increasing bruising, swelling, and discomfort.
- Take Care of Healthy Eating
You can support your body before Mastopexy by eating a healthy diet. A healthy diet helps with the post-operative Breast Lift recovery process. Therefore, drink plenty of water and eat a healthy and balanced diet.
- Practice Sleeping on Your Back Before Mastopexy Surgery
The best position to rest after breast lift surgery is to lie on your back. Therefore, if you have trouble falling asleep on your back, it would be good to practice sleeping on your back before surgery.
- Stop Using Blood Thinning Drugs
You must stop taking aspirin, etc., at least three weeks before the surgery date. Some vitamins and herbs should be avoided because they can also cause thinning of the blood. Take only medications approved or prescribed by the surgeon.
- Get a Mammogram or Ultrasonography
If you are younger than 40 years, a breast ultrasound is required before mastopexy. You should also have a mammogram if you are over 40.
Who Cannot Have Breast Reduction Aesthetics?
Like any surgical procedure, not everyone is a right candidate for breast lift. If you have the conditions listed below; You should definitely consult your doctor whether you are suitable for this surgery.
- Severe obesity.
- Wound healing disorders.
- Heart or circulation problems.
- Undiagnosed lumps and masses.
- History of irregular mammograms.
- You have now or recently stopped breastfeeding.
- Coagulation disorders or genetic predisposition for them.
In addition to these, if you smoke and have unrealistic expectations about the procedure, you may not be suitable for breast reduction surgery. The procedure is not only physically exhausting, but also mentally and emotionally. You need to be fully prepared for a quick and smooth recovery.
Things to Consider After Breast Lift Aesthetics
- Wear your supportive compression bra after surgery until your plastic surgeon tells you to take it off. A support bra, similar to an athletic bra, applies gentle pressure to the breasts, minimizing swelling.
- Keep your incisions clean, dry and properly bandaged according to your breast lift surgeon’s instructions. You may need to avoid showers and take sponge baths for a few days to keep the cuts dry.
- Take enough time to heal. Most women take about a week off before returning to work.
- Take short, slow walks when you feel ready. Walking reduces the risk of blood clots and helps disperse swelling.
- Limit your salt intake to minimize bloating. Hydration is good for your energy levels and prevents constipation after surgery.
- Learn about scar management. Your plastic surgeon may recommend scar massage techniques or products to speed wound healing.
Pictures Before and After:
Most surgeons have before and after pictures on their websites. Considering these images it will be possible to predict your likely outcome.