Today, breast augmentation and breast lift surgeries are popular surgeries. In this article, we compared the results of breast augmentation surgery and breast reduction surgery. We wish you enjoyable reading.
What is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation surgery is a surgical procedure that aims to increase breast size and improve breast symmetry. Implants are used in breast augmentation surgery. In this method, incisions are made under the breast and implants are placed. The incisions are hidden because they are made under the breast. You can remove the incision scars by using the creams recommended by your doctor. There are different types and sizes of implants. You can choose the implant according to your body size. You can make an evaluation by sharing the implant size you have determined with your doctor. Your plastic surgeon will recommend the most suitable implant size and type depending on your body structure.
What is Breast Lift?
Breast lift surgery is a surgical procedure to correct sagging breasts. It is also called "mastopexy". Due to reasons such as breast sagging, aging, pregnancy, breastfeeding, excessive weight loss, the breast loses its youthful and erect appearance. Thus, breast lift surgery is performed. As a result of the procedure, the breast has a more upright and aesthetic appearance. The incisions made in breast lift surgery are minimal. When you regularly use the creams recommended by your surgeon after surgery, there is no scar.
Is A Breast Lift Or Augmentation Better?
There are some differences in breast augmentation and breast lift procedures. These differences are as follows:
- Implants are used in breast augmentation surgery. However, implants may not give a real breast feeling. Breast lift surgery gives more natural results. However, if you want your breasts to look fuller, you should have implants.
- Breast augmentation surgery slightly corrects sagging breasts. If you have sagging breasts, you should also undergo breast lift surgery.
- In breast lift surgery, breast asymmetry is eliminated and the breast gains an upright appearance. In breast augmentation surgery, asymmetries are eliminated and the breast has a round appearance.
- In breast augmentation surgery, it may be necessary to replace the implants after about 10-15 years. The results of breast lift surgery last longer. In order to maintain the results of both surgeries, it is necessary to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Breast Augmentation Vs. Breast Lift: Recovery
- Breast augmentation surgery takes approximately 1-3 hours. Breast lift surgery takes 2 hours. Incisions are made in both surgeries. However, you can remove the incision scars by using cream.
- In both surgeries, there may be pain and tenderness in the breasts after the procedure. You can use painkillers recommended by your doctor.
- You can gradually return to your daily activities about a week after breast augmentation surgery. However, the healing process in breast lift surgery may be a little longer, but not too long.
- In both surgeries, medical bras should be worn during the healing process.
What Will Your Scars Look Like After A Breast Lift?
There are incision scars in both surgeries. In breast augmentation and breast lift surgeries, incisions are made under the armpit or under the breast. These incision scars are not visible from the outside. After the surgery, you can remove the incision scars by using the creams recommended by your doctor.
Breast Implant Vs. Augmentation: Results
After breast augmentation surgery, your breasts become fuller and reach the size you want. There is a slight lift in the breasts and a round, aesthetic appearance is achieved. In breast lift surgery, sagging is removed and a younger appearance is achieved. There is no change in breast size. If you wish, you can also have augmentation surgery while lifting your breast. In this way, you can have a perky, full and young-looking breast.
If you would like more information, you can check our Breast Augmentation in Turkey
and Breast Lift in Turkey
pages and if you wish, you can contact us for a preliminary consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the breast grow after breast lift surgery?
Breast size does not change after breast lift surgery.
Do breast implants feel the same as real breasts?
Breast implants do not feel the same as real breasts. However, silicone implants are closer to natural breast tissue.
Is breast lift surgery more painful than breast augmentation surgery?
Breast lift surgery is no more painful than breast augmentation surgery.
Is breast augmentation better than breast lift?
Breast augmentation surgery aims to increase your breast size and make them fuller. Breast lift surgery, on the other hand, brings sagging breasts to a more upright position. However, breast size does not increase. If you want your breasts to grow while having breast lift surgery, you can have breast augmentation surgery at the same time. Both are complementary surgeries.
Can a breast lift look good without implants?
Yes, a breast lift without implants can look good. After breast lift surgery, you can have erect, round and aesthetic looking breasts.